5 Things To Stop Doing To A Woman Pregnant With Multiples:
1. Stop acting like you are the expert on a multiples pregnancy because you have googled it. Until you have grown a basketball team inside your body, carried them around for months and experienced all of the pain that goes along with carrying multiples you don’t know what you are talking about.
2. Stop telling her she’s going to have her hands full. Do you think she was planning on having one baby raise the other(s)? Of course she knows it’s going to be busy.
3. Stop telling her that your cousin’s friend’s mother knows someone who had multiples. Just stop, she doesn’t care.
4. Stop asking her how much weight she has gained and if she has any stretch marks yet. Just because you know her body is being pushed to the limit doesn’t mean every war wound should be public knowledge. Let the woman keep some shred of dignity.
5. Stop comparing your singleton pregnancy to her multiples pregnancy. It’s not the same and she may stab you.
5 Things To Start Doing For A Woman Pregnant With Multiples:
1. Start taking her out to restaurants. She has probably been instructed to pack on the pounds. She might as well be doing it with good company.
2. Start offering to drive her to her millions of doctor appointments, non-stress-tests and ultrasounds. Chances are she is finding it hard fitting behind the wheel, getting light headed while driving and let’s face it, a little lonely at all of those appointments.
3. Start cooking meals for her. Between the smells of cooking putting her nausea into overdrive and standing on her feet cranking up her braxton hicks contractions, the last thing a soon-to-be mama of multiples wants to do is spend any time in a kitchen.
4. Start taking her older children off her hands for a while. They are probably so bored of watching T.V. while mommy lays on the couch multiplying like gremlins.
5. Start telling her “she’s got this”. Remind her how strong and brave she is and that you know she can rock this mom of multiples role!
To all of the well meaning friends, family and in-laws in my life!
You might also like What It Is Like To Be Pregnant With Twins – My Personal Journey. Don’t forget to follow Nesting Story on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter! Happy multiplying!
8 thoughts on “5 Things To Stop Doing To A Woman Pregnant With Multiples And 5 Things To Start Doing For Her”
Oh my goodness, all true! Although people never seem to stop telling you about how their cousin’s boyfriend’s boss is a twin. I just smile and say ‘Really? Wow!’. Honestly, where do people expect the conversation to go from there anyway?
I know, I have perfected the fake smile when I get mauled in Walmart! So glad you liked it Nikki!
After sharing your article, my other mommy friends offered their help with my older children today. It was nice to nap & shower in peace 🙂 your story is inspiring my friends & family…thank you! -abyrdinparadise (IG)
That’s awesome Audrey, glad it made them see 😉
Ugh! Yes, people always come up and say “you’re going to have your hands full”. Cue fake smiles from me and my husband. Another thing people ALWAYS ask is: “are there twins in your family?” Who cares if there are twins in my family? And the answer is NO! Even though there are fraternal twins in my family, I’m having identical twins, which I hear is not hereditary anyway. I just hate the question.
Loving your blog! I’m 36 weeks and 3 days…can’t wait to meet my boys!
Do not contact any other spell caster to help you so that you will not fall into the wrong hands. Contact Doctor Odunga at odungaspelltemple@ gmail. com to help you with your fertility, ex back, a love spell, a herbal medicinal cure and you will get awesome results. I met this man same through a testimony online and it has been a wonderful experience of a life time. I am very happy i did. He helped me get pregnant. I am Becky Elis but my friends call me Ann. I am from Florida, US. I have contacted 3 spell casters before i met doctor odunga. I didn’t know why i didn’t contact him at first. I would have been through my pain for the past 5 years trying to find the right spell caster who can help me with my problem. I have been married to my husband for 18 years and i have not had one single issue. No woman on earth will be happy for this. I did all i could to hold a home until i started seeking help from spell casters. I had went to various hospital here in Florida and they said my womb cannot conceive a child. I have spent millions of dollars finding a solution until i met DOCTOR ODUNGA. I feel like shedding tears at this point. My problem is gone. I can bodily say my problem is gone for the past 18 years of marriage. If you are reading this testimony, you will share with me my Joy. Contact this spell caster at odungaspelltemple@ gmail. com
i started watching your videos yesterday, and they are so relating. Im currently going through my twin pregnancy, and your words really gave me a lot of knowledge.
Comments are closed.